Before I write about my trip (my family returned this evening from our family reunion cruise) I have to share this video. I've tried finding ways to post it directly, but have been unable. Please click here and watch this amazing video! I was drawn in at first for the use of my recent musical obsession ADELE. The song, "Hometown Glory", featured here when I first heard it in May has already brought so much joy to my ears. I've identified with the lyrics resonating one's close ties to home. Tonight, as I watched Katee and Joshua dance I drew in a different meaning of that powerful song. I love how many different wonderful interpretations there are to songs. It reminds of God's deep affection for communicating with us. How so often we grasp and hold onto only what we hear at first, and then are blown away by what we didn't see at first.
Watching that dance brings my relationship with Christ to mind. I think we are dancing that dance right now and have been for some time. Parts of this interesting revelation bring my discomfort (the disconnect and unwillingness to cooperate) and others bring me joy (the connection/reliance; the passion). I don't mean to slip back into the ways of my xanga...bringing analogies to feelings I have and yet remaining vague. I need to think on this more and get to you all later. Does anyone else analyze music and dance like I do? Or rather does anyone have a completely different interpretation of the song or dance? What does it say to you? If you were dancing with Christ, how would it go and what song would be playing?
1 comment:
Good show ol' chap.
And I am excited to hear about your cruise. I love them. I think they might be one of my favorite ways to travel.
Post a Comment