Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Skip-Bo playin' foo

I am one of those 'office gals'. My co-worker and I talk about what we had for dinner and the weather. Every morning we listen to radio talk shows. I get irritated when people cross the threshold into my precious cubicle without asking. I have a favorite highlighter. At least 3 times a day I daydream about killing the fax machine and I use the postage meter for personal business. I handle work orders and invoices daily and much of day is spent un-stapling and re-stapling.

It hit me yesterday, that I have a real adult job. I not paid for being here but for what I'm doing while I'm here. (Yes, I am updating my blog while at work and about 20 minutes ago I figured out how to access facebook. But when have I not been a multi-tasker?!) Now I'm not making the "big" bucks nor do I have a 401k plan yet, so it's not an offical adult job - per say. However, I definitely stayed till 7:15 PM last night (my day starts at 8) to get more work done (I still have plently and will probably stay late today as well). I don't think the title "adult job" really changes anything, but it was a neat realization.

No one commented on the 'Heart Songs' post. That's okay. I couldn't even think about what mine where to write here. LOL So many different songs have touched me other the years and yet not all of those are ones that still reach me. Plus if I tell you that I might have had "Hanging By A Thread" by Jann Arden on repeat - you might defriend me. So let's move past songs from our past. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's okay, i'm reading your blog while i'm at my adult job. and i'm not even multi-tasking....

Samantha said...

I have a lucky pen, pictures on my desk of brandon, campus...specifically the south oval in the fall when the mums are out, sticky notes are my FAVE, a cell phone chair, and an OU coaster.

and if mrdh=meredith, then PLEASE for the love of PLBD and all that is holy in sorority life add me so I can read your blog posts!!!!! i miss you kid.

Lisa said...

per se