These are my heart songs
They never feel wrong
And when I wake
For goodness sake
These are the songs
I keep singing
Many of my posts have been about music...be it an instrumental intro, sentimental lyric or catchy beat - you've gathered by this point that I really love music and that it has a huge impact of me.
This weekend I was blessed to spend time with two of my favorite people, Alex & Lisa, who also really like music. Whether hitting up freenapster.com to introduce new releases or debuting a wonerful cd on a car ride, some great tunes have found me. New music is like a rush of adrenaline on a rollar coaster ride. Instant gratification, but it's still just as much fun the second or fifth time around.
The top quote is from the song "Heart Songs" off of Weezer's latest album. It tells the story of how music touched and inspired.
What are your heart songs? What songs reach you?
1 comment:
I have so many I don't know where to start. And sometimes it's a whole album because I can listen to the same cd all day long...which lately is very much the case. So I'm going to give you albums...
KT Tunstall Eye to the Telescope
Sara Bareilles Little Voice
Taylor Swift Taylor Swift
Legally Blonde Original Broadway Cast (I'll be buying Bailey Hanks version too)
and then a couple of songs....
Life is Wonderful-Jason Mraz
Realize-Colbie Cailat
Forgive Yourself-Downhere
I Love RocknRoll-Joan Jett
Won't Go Home Without You-Maroon 5
Saved by Grace-Shane and Shane
Over the Rainbow-Shawn McDonald
Now these are the recent songs/albums that I cannot get enough of...which leads to excessive listening practices.
Post a Comment