Irony: I filled out the necessary paperwork to vote via absentee ballot because the students at the Voter Registration booth told me that was a better plan for me than registering to vote in Oklahoma. My absentee ballot has yet to arrive and even if it does I don't think I will be able to get it in before Tuesday. My only other voting option would be to get to Houston between now and Tuesday and that's not exactly possible. I am very passionate about this election and about my right as a citizen to vote. AMERICA needs a change and I know that my tree-hugging, baby-killing, pro-gay-orgy vote won't matter much in Texas or Oklahoma-BUT it's the principle behind it.
The Last 10 Songs I've bought on iTunes:
1. "Get Better" ~ Mates of State
2. "You Are Free" ~ Mates of State
3. "Tubthumping" ~ Chumbawamba
4. "How Bizarre" ~ OMC
5. "Hit 'Em Up Style" ~ Blu Cantrell
6. "Better Days" ~ Citizen King
7. "Unpretty" ~ TLC
8. "Reckoning Day" ~ John Mark McMillan
9. "The Medicine" ~ John Mark McMillan
10. "Out of the Ground" ~ John Mark McMillan
Halloween: I saw the first half of U-Sing and then went to see Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Sooner Theatre on Main Street. Norman's once-a-year Rocky festivities were not as in-depth as the monthly ones in Houston although we were able to use all props (confetti, squirt guns, toast, etc.) which most theatres nowadays (Houston included) do not allow. And really any chance to enjoy a theatre full of costumes and 'weird-freaky-people' with Rocky on in full force is recipe for a great time.
Help:
~ I'm working on finishing up my application for Teach For America. If you have strong editing/grammar skills and would be up for taking a peak at what I've got so far, I would greatly appreciate it!
~ I desperately need a hair cut. Does anyone know of a great hair salon in Norman/Moore that can tackle my curls?
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
1 comment:
I'm a big fan of "The Salon" on West Lindsey near Subway. Katie Carrol (sp?) is who I went to, but I think all the ladies are great! Plus its super cute and I don't think horribly expensive.... just a thought.
Post a Comment