Normally I hate cheesy 'feel-good' inspirational songs: "You Raise Me Up", "For Good", etc. However, I have fallen in love with "I Stand" by Idina Menzel ever since I watched her sing during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (my dad and I love watching the parade every year - minus last year when I was in it :) ). Perhaps my infatuation with this song comes from the beautiful gay men who have blessed my life, from the recent election, or from my love of theatre and Idina's voice. The song puts words to where I am -> desperate for a life of service and complete faith in a Savior I love, hungry for guidance and direction, wanting my loved ones to feel rested and well.
When you ask me, who I am:
What is my vision? And do I have a plan?
Where is my strength? Have I nothing to say?
I hear the words in my head, but I push them away.
'Cause I stand for the power to change,
I live for the perfect day.
I love till it hurts like crazy,
I hope for a hero to save me.
I stand for the strange and lonely,
I believe there's a better place.
And I don't know
What tomorrow brings
The road less traveled
Will it set us free?
Cause we are taking it slow,
These tiny legacies.
I don't try and change the world;
But what will you make of me?
No comments:
Post a Comment