Thursday, May 22, 2008

Take Chances~Have Flaws~Embrace Life



I'm still very much addicted to Medium. However, I did take a break this evening to watch Mad Money and also Real Women Have Curves. I highly recommend both movies.

No worries folks long term relaxation is not going to kill me. My sun-bathing, Blockbuster visiting will be slightly altered now that I have finally been blessed with an office job for the summer. I start tomorrow. Wish me luck!
UPDATE: First day on the job went very smooth. I work with a company very near by updating files using multiple software programs. I think this will work out perfectly for the summer. Praise God!
If you were a presidential candidate, what issue would you be most concerned with and what would be/is your platform on that issue? You may only pick one and vagueness will not be appreciated.
vagueness in this instance would include: foreign policy (how so? give examples on how you would handle global issues like the UN or oil conservation/collection) - the problems of the people (what problems? what people?) BE SPECIFIC

3 comments:

emmy said...

I have a serious issue that I would be the champion for. It's one that has long gone unaddressed. Why the heck do we switch between a.m. and p.m. at 12:00? That makes no sense because the cycle of numbers doesn't start over at 1. If the numbers have to jump back to the beginning at 1, that's when the new day should begin, in my opinion.

So, if I were president, I'd change that. :)

(And I enjoyed our chat today, Miss K.)

Lisa said...

Since I've all but given up on this stupid country that has regressed so far backwards in every area possible, I am only concerned with legalizing the one thing I never understood the reason behind outlawing- prostitution. Federal regulation of ANYTHING is out of line, but FEDERAL REGULATION OF MORALITY??? I always thought prostitution being illegal was like, a running joke everyone was in on because it's so sci-fi I never took people seriously when they insisted it was true. I mean, puritan roots and all that, but come on, is this Prohibition or something? Let the fellas have their fun and let the ladies get fucking paid so they can feed their unwanted babies, already.

Samantha said...

I guess I'll be the one giving the remotely serious response to this post. My serious beef with this country for years now has been with insurance. I think that some federal regulation is long over due...and quite frankly, I'm really tired of failures at med school determining if someone needs a life saving surgery. Can we please leave that call to those who passed boards and are practicing physicians. They are the ones requesting the surgery anyhow, clearly it should be something that should be covered since that is what we pay those companies to do.