Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I know that you've been waiting for me

Chatty Kathy is back and caffinated!

I'm sorry for the delay in posting. When I came home last week I needed some time to de-brief. In Norman I am out and about every night and my days are filled with class and meetings and social outings. I am surrounded by friends and things to do. Home has the comforts of relaxation and parents who pay for things but also brings a lot more "down time". It took me a while to appreciate this gift of time and quietness.

Also, I was a little angsty and combating the whole weight issue. We really don't need another angry post from me about being beautiful and confident in being a size 14. The more defensive I was getting the more I realized that I want to loose weight or rather that I'm not as confident as I want everyone to think I am. I'm going to look into changing this on my own terms.

I battled the whole mock internship interviews last week as well. It turns out the company I was looking into was sleazy and not what their website made them out to be. That mess is over and I've learned if it says Direct Response Marketing, RUN AWAY.

I reconnected with the temp agency I worked for last summer and am hoping to fill my summer with appoitments from them. I also have been browsing Craig's List and have applied for a few summer positions through them.

In other news, I am engrossed in the television show Medium and am half way through season 2. Songs that are on my repeat list right now:
  • "When Did Your Heart Go Missing?" ~ Rooney
  • "Pass it to Arab" ~ Soulja Boy
  • "Don't Forget Sister" ~ Low vs Diamond
  • "Car Crash" ~ Matt Nathanson
  • "Summer in Ohio" ~ From the musical> The Last 5 Years
  • "Those You've Known" ~ From the musical>Spring Awakening

Well I'm off to go swimming!

2 comments:

emmy said...

I'd like to think I influenced a couple of those song choices on your current playlist. :)

And I miss hearing all of your crazy day-to-dayness in our meetings. Isn't it silly that it's harder for us to adjust to "down time" than to hectic schedules?

Love you, Chatty K.

Samantha said...

mary kathy, i'm must say that i now find it ironic that you came up with the line from "Jesus the thug version" considering your current music choices. ha. how is houston? hot? humid? good hair or bad hair?