Monday, October 6, 2008

Sitting here watching things flying by me

Life has been actin a damn fool. Yes, I am graduating in 8 months and that is a large part of it. Add that to everyday stressors and family bidness. I decided yesterday afternoon to push everything aside and live stress free for a few hours. Annie, Jordan and I cooked a delicious dinner and watched a surprisingly superb movie, Snow Cake. Candles glowing, the best hot chocolate and laughter. I loved it.

This morning my car decided he would take a break from life as well. 3 missed classes, 1 new battery, 1 new starter, and $420 later, he is back up and running. Jordan and I cooked a tasty lunch listening to good tunes and venting about life's cruelities. He made today pleasantly bareable.

My new favorite song: "Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl" by: Broken Social Scene.

Lisa introduced me to this parody and I feel you all should see this as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DIc8jdra0o

2 comments:

Samantha said...

well I've been thinking. It's about time you head to the Quah. You know all of the greatest PLBD members have made the long trek to this social mecca. I suggest you consider my thoughts seriously.

Samantha said...

Honey I hate to burst yo' bubble. But I am who I want to be every day. This privelige was afforded to me when I became part of the BETA pledge class. ;) But good try.

"And for those of you playing a drinking game...Maverick."