Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happiness is not a fish that you can catch

The title comes from an album by Our Lady Peace that I've had in the cd player of my car for the last month. Solid album. None of the songs on it are super amazing but I like the overall sound of the cd and it's calming. Other tunes I've been into: "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" and "Slow Dancing..." by John Mayer; Enter the Worship Circle: Chair and Microphone Vol. 2 and "Beautiful"- Me'Shell Ndegeocello.

I've moved back to Norman almost 3 weeks ago. For the first week and half my life was filled with band then came school and all my other activities began. Am I unhappy? no. I have an amazing living situation that is working out beautifully. My classes are interesting and my on campus job is flexible and refreshing. While band takes up a large allotment of my time and energy, I love it and the people in it. I feel stronger as a section leader and genuinely enjoy marching and playing more so than in previous years. My "free" time is spent with people who love me and who have a great sense of humor. I wish I had more free time but then who doesn't. I still have a few tasks to finish before my room is complete but hopefully those will be taken care of this week.

I haven't figured out a routine for this Fall and I think once that is solidified I will feel better.

I miss home but then when do I not. My brother's eye socket was shattered and he is currently recovery from corrective surgery. Unexpected accidents happen and they suck. It's not the end of world and he's going to be fine but I still wish I could be with them.

I don't really know where that leaves me. Content perhaps. Busy.

Better, focused, post to come.

4 comments:

emmy said...

I want to come play in Perpetual Indulgence.

Samantha said...

I owe you a happy birthday...like 3 days late,but I owe you one. Happy Birthday. Love you.

Samantha said...

I'll be in town the weekend of the Westb takeover. And I've seen you twice at the two home games this year.

emmy said...

blog, please.