Saturday, September 20, 2008

"and I can see Russia from my house"

I'm going to be a mailman for Halloween. The pre-holiday festivities started this weekend with trips to the mega store and candy eating. We also put on costumes and took pictures. By this, I mean we put on various items from my dress-up box (yes I have one in my closet) and spoke in accents for 2 hours. Our outfits consisted of: a vintage 1992 dress with shoulder pads & pearls, an early 90s warm up suit, graduation rob and colonial dress. These are not part of our official Halloween attire but provided us with an evening of entertainment. Next month we are hitting up the Ghouls Gone Wild parade in OKC and the haunted house in Bricktown. My official costume will rock and I am very excited about our plans!

I have Great Grand Littles in Phi Lambda now. It makes me feel old but I like that I'm the one with the stories. It also helps that the fresh meat have meal plans.

This weekend I learned that I am not ready yet for real wine and that I need to stick with Franzia a little while longer. In attempts to open the bottle, we used an egg beater, knife, key, screwdriver and a corkscrew that we ended up breaking into 4 pieces. Bits of cork flew everywhere as I hacked away with the screw driver until the last of the cork settled into the bottle and I was doused with wine. We ended up still drinking the wine after using a strainer to get rid of all the cork. I did pick up a better corkscrew at Target on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...corky!

Samantha said...

did you know I cannot watch that video anymore?