Monday, January 18, 2010

"Back to the gypsy that I was"

I heard "Gypsy" from Stevie on the Radio recently and I'm lovin it. Oh Fleetwood Mac, you are wonderful. The tune to my life is the instrumental solo at the end. :)

This evening I went on an impromtu "date" with McFBI at Jimmy Johns. He'd been calling all week and I was in the mood for a Turkey Tom. We technically met while at OU. We ran in similar circles within the Christian bubble or Jesus Fan Club, though he graduated 2 years before me.

At any rate, we recently reconnected. At first sight I was taken aback by his clothing decisions and slicked back blonde hair (strike #1). He does have a nice smile and blue eyes. I might have also liked that he was wearing cowboy boots. Conversation was awkward at first. I mean he could name the perfume I was wearing...CREEPY! We talked a little too much about our sandwhiches/the music playing in the background. I turned it around with talk of my kids at school. Facebook had alerted me to his unfortunate political stance (which I think he is still afraid to discuss with me) and I wanted to bring up illegal immigration+education. He asked about parent involvement (a common misconception about low-income families) but genuinely seemed interested in my thoughts. He works for the FBI, though he can't say anything else - though he has high security clearance. He stressed how hard it was to get his job and talked himself up. I don't like when people do this. I call it the SAT speech. NO ONE CARES what you're SAT score is. DON'T TALK YOURSELF UP! (strike #2)

We moved the conversation outside and he brought up his "type" and longest relationship and why it didn't work out. (strike #3)

We shared BUX/Phi Lamb and Sooner football memories. He didn't have many friends in the Pride. (strike #4)

I did enjoy discussing my faith with him. He is actively pursuing a relationship with Christ and I haven't seen that in a guy in a long time.

There were no butterflies and I don't think I'm attracted to him. I do like that we can talk about Jesus though and that I didn't meet him at a bar. We might grab dinner or something this week.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Did you wear your navy blue socks?