Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change

Shortly after I watched Barack Obama become our new President I found out that I have been accepted into the 2009 Teach For America Houston Corps. I have been assigned middle school math. I am grateful I was still at home (I pushed off driving back to Norman till 3PM on Tuesday) and with my dad during both of these moments. I am now overwhelmed with finishing out my last semester of college (18 hours that include 4 BigDeal group projects, more papers than I want to count, and reading that I cannot put off) and becoming acclimated with the Education system and TFA. In the last 48 hours I have felt every emotion. The 'Katherine' in me worries about passing the required tests and getting through the training and paperwork. Thankfully the Christ inside tells her to simma down and rest knowing that He has everything under control. Please pray for me as I begin the transition from business senior to teacher and for the children who will be in my classroom in 7 months.

2 comments:

The Bosnian Kat said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited you got accepted for Teach for America!!!! You are going to be great, I know it!

The Bosnian Kat said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do! I'd love to help your transition as much as I can- but I know teaching band in the metroplex is much different than teaching math for Teach for America!