Monday, August 25, 2008

21

This post has been on my mind for a month. While many people honor their 100th post by listing 100 interesting tidbits on their life, I've decided to do that now. With 21. This is my 21st post and I am 21 years old. Plus, 100 is draining for all involved.

The following are little fun facts:

1. A little over a week ago, I began my 14th year in a school band program. Yes, that means I played in Elementary school. Inner-city schools may have poor food service but they sometimes have excellent fine arts programs. I got to take Spanish and Art classes in addition to band and got to perform in Disney World in the 3rd grade. Pretty darn cool. Yes, I am still tooting the clarinet and marching in the band for the 8th time. Band camp consumed my every bit of energy last week, but we did learn all of pregame in 2 days. Game day in 2 days - Boomer!

2. I was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of nine and wore a back brace in 6th and 7th grades. While uncomfortable and awkward looking, it always provided a conversation topic and lead to some amazing friendships (I had to have someone secure it before I could finish getting dressed).

3. I drink at least 1 cup if not 2 (or more) cups of coffee every day. I started the end of my sophmore year in highschool, took a break for a few months afetr I graduated from high school, but was back on by Sept. of my freshman year in college.

4. My birthday is September 6th. I will be 22 this year.

5. I had a beeper for years, even into college.

6. My favorite article of clothing is a denim mini skirt.

7. As a small child my life ambition was to be a mail man. I even had a mail man bear, costume and empty envelopes I would hand to people. To this day, I think it would be a fun job.

8. I'm currently living with a fabulous gay man named Jordan. He makes me chai tea and always takes out the trash. We have dance parties every day and named our apartment 'Perpetual Indulgence'. We also have the best looking window treatments this side of the red river.

9. My favorite tv show of all time is the X - Files. My two friends Annie and Harrison and I have embarked on a franchise marathon - in which we are watching every episode in order, plus the movies and other works by the lead actors. It will take months and we are going to love every nerdy minute of it.

10. My favorite song to play on guitar hero is "My Name is Jonas" by Weezer.

11. One of OU's eateries (Cate Center) now has Guitar Hero - and I frequently sit with freshman boys to play above mentioned song.

12. I sometimes daydream about being a stand up comedian.

13. 'Now in a Minute' by Donna Lewis was the first cd I ever bought. I still know all the words to every song. ["I love you always forever..."]

14. My involvement in Phi Lamb ranks above everything other organization I've been a part of in college. PLBD fo life.

15. The only accent I can adequately pull off is Ebonics. Word.

16. I just recently goten into Sweet Tea, Red Wine and Kethup. not together.

17. I've been attending Faithpointe Baptist Church since last February and I love it. Small and conservative, they have excellent snacks and 'keep it real'.

18. My family used to watch The Osbournes together. This summer our main shows were "SYTYCD", "Weeds" and "Saving Grace".

19. I went to an audience participation showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show earlier this month in Houston and loved every second of it.

20. I'm graduating in May with a degree in Marketing/Advertising and I have no idea what's next.

21. Raising Canes is AMAZING. I might have gone three times last week.

22 comments:

Samantha said...

1. I had no idea that your band "pride" (pun intended) dates back to your elementary days. Who knew?

Samantha said...

2. For some reason I think of Rumer Willis's character in House Bunny after reading this statement. You should see this movie...any self-respecting PLBD member should for that matter.

Samantha said...

3. I do not drink coffee at all. However I do drink a white hot chocolate with caramel drizzle from Starbucks so that I can carry a cup to look like serious coffee drinkers...such as yourself.

Samantha said...

4. My birthday is September 10th. I will be two dozen.

Samantha said...

5. I don't even know what to say about this statement. I'm astounded I suppose.

Samantha said...

6. My favorite article of clothing is soon to be a "PLBD for Life" tshirt designed by Westb. You in?

Samantha said...

7. I wanted to be a marinebiologist. Read my post before the newest educational post.

Samantha said...

8. I live with a VERY heterosexual man...as he is my husband. Ha! Think about that for a second. He too takes out the trash and DOES THE LAUNDRY!

Samantha said...

9. Two words...FULL HOUSE.

Samantha said...

10. We just bought the Aerosmith version for Guitar Hero. You're looking at the ultimate rocker for "Walk this Way"

Samantha said...

11. Block and Barrel...err.. I mean O'Henry's will see my face sometime this weekend.

Samantha said...

12. ME TOO!!!

Samantha said...

13. Garth Brooks. I don't even know what to say, because I'm kinda embarrassed by this fact.

Samantha said...

14. Ditto.

Samantha said...

15. I can only do one too...it's El Salvadorian....heehee.

Samantha said...

16. Homemade ranch, omelets, and Southern Comfort are new additions to my life.

Samantha said...

17. Brandon became a member at my home church a month ago. We have yet to make it to the new member classes b/c we've been outta town so much.

Samantha said...

18. We used to watch TGIF on ABC. Now we watch Army Wives on Sunday nights.

Samantha said...

19. That is a really interesting movie.

Samantha said...

20. I graduated last december with a degree in political science. And somedays I'm still wondering about law school. But it's mostly due to me stressing out about whether I'm going to get in or not...that's usually when the wondering starts.

Samantha said...

21. If we're speaking compartively then I'd have to say that Chicken Express trumps Raising Cane's every time. There is no comparison in my book. But if we're speaking about a restaurant that I could frequent for every day for the rest of my life, then hands down it's Texadelphia.

Samantha said...

22. Gosh I'm good.