Right now I recommend:
Reading: Same Kind of Different As Me A story so incredible about "a modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bond them together."
Watching: So You Think You Can Dance
Renting: Medium
Listening to: ADELE (yes-her album 19 continues to amaze me!), Coldplay "Viva La Vida", Metro Station "Shake It", Kanye West "Touch the Sky" and One Republic "Stop and Stare". A side from all being popular right now, what do these songs have in common? (taking in any of Adele's tunes)
These songs resonate in my bones and I'm led to singing out loud and dancing. I love it! I feel carefree and energized. It's like that feeling when you've had 2 1/2 - 3 drinks or when you've just kissed a boy your taken with. This is the kind of adrenaline rush that a good cup of coffee brings. It's when you're laughing hysterically at an inside joke with a close friend. It's living in the moment. I don't care how cliche this sounds. I love how music has a power to seep into us and bring on so much joy. I wrote a few months ago about how much of my soul is in the first minute of "Your Love (String Mix)" by Bluetree and how comforting it is to me. I felt then and feel now that God uses everything from instrumental intros to "secular" hip hop melodies to speak to me and show me parts of who He is. He is upbeat and positive. He feels deeply and has a sense of humor. I think He shake's it all the time. :)
3 comments:
this post made me feel like summertime. :) i'm going to respond with what fits in those categories for me.
reading: Lamb, by Christopher Moore. It's "the Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal." Really funny.
watching: well, top chef ended last night. now i think i'll get into Sheer Genius.
renting: Hairspray. i saw it for the first time the other night, and fell in love. :)
listening to:
MIA - Paper Planes, Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl, The Outfield - Your Love, Charlotte Sometimes - Losing Sleep, Emiliana Torrini - Heartstopper, Melanie - Brand New Key, Jason Mraz - Live High, and Viva La Vida
You need this in your life:
http://www.oneplusyou.com/q/v/caffeine
WHAT IS THE POINT OF EXISTING IN WEB 2.0 IF YOU WAIT 2 WEEKS IN BETWEEN UPDATES!!!!!!!!?!
Post a Comment