Wednesday, March 26, 2008

See the way He holds my heart

Colossians 4:2-6
Continue praying, keeping alert, and always thanking God. Also pray for us that God will give us an opportunity to tell people his message. Pray that we can preach the secret that God has made known about Christ. This is why I am in prison. Pray that I can speak in a way that will make it clear, as I should. Be wise in the way you act with people who are not believers, making the most of every opportunity. When you talk, you should always be kind and pleasant so you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should.

I think sometimes we are hung-up on all that we think we are supposed to be doing and what are "specified" plan is that we forget about what God is calling us to do on the basic level. We talked about this last night at bible study. The never ending cry from us, "But God, what is my purpose, where do you want me?" and it can be so silly sometimes how we try to interpret His ways. God makes it pretty clear through-out the Bible that our main task is being a light to His people. Why should we not then.. focus on taking advantage of every opportunity to love people. I not saying we have to run and proclaim the Gospel to everyone on the street until they fall to their knees. I'm saying that in living 0ut a life for Him we are called to be in constant prayer for His people and thinking of ways to help them. Kindness speaks volumes and doesn't cost much. Being nice to the waitress who is covering a large area by herself and making some mistakes, having a rough night; smiling at people when you pass them; walking a friend to their class so they have someone to talk to; etc.

No comments: