The word 'privilege' hit me today. One of my infamous "light bulb" moments if you will. We suffer for Christ, yes, but this is not to be considered a burden, but a privilege. How deep He loves us so that He would spend so much time and energy crafty us individually! How preciously He handles us, as a parent holds a child! We are privileged to know Him, to seek Him, to grow so close to Him and fervently fear Him. We get to serve a God who is constantly serving us. The paths in which He leads us on are not for us to dispare in, but to rejoice in - for why else would He seek to teach us if not for His fierce Love for us?!
I am magnificently privileged to be a daughter of the King and I don't want that to slip from my focus. When searching for the word to fit with privilege, I almost went with enduring. I wanted to convey how undeserving I am of receiving this immense privilege and how it is persistent. Yet in searching I was overcome with how beautiful this concept is. Using reference tools (nerd alert) the words "seductively" and "alluringly" also caught my eye. For this desire in me to serve, to take hold of this righteous duty is entrancing. But this is more than fleeting passion or instant intimacy. This is glorious in all forms...magnificent. Not just beautiful, amazing.
We are called to take hold of this magnificent privilege and I couldn't be more in love with that.
hence the title.
1 comment:
I'm magnificently privileged to be reading this blog, especially since I feel like I urged you to do it :).
Wow it is such a blessing to see how far we've come my friend. I love you.
Post a Comment