Song of the day: "Video" featured on VHI Divas with India Arie and Adele.
I'm sorry for not using this as a means of communication. I began teaching August 12th and time escaped me. I have been challenged in many ways and grown. I love the students and mission of the school. I contracted a bad virus and have been out since Tuesday night. I wish I could say that I've gotten a lot of work done, alas I've mostly slept and watched shotty daytime tv. I feel frail and out of it. Being sick is not vacay. I have a ton of work to do/catch up on. :( It's hard to fathom being behind when I put in crazy hours each week - but that's life I guess.
I enjoy living in my hometown and having a nice apt with nice/new roommates. I shop at nice grocery stores and may have visited Gap more in the last month than I did in a year of college. I'm about 40 minutes from my parents, which is nice.
My heart does still yearn for Norman. I miss the games, the meetings, the practices, the people. I miss the parties, the free meals, the joys of college life. I'm flying back in 3 weeks and couldn't be more excited.
Random Tidbits:
- I found my new favorite pair of jeans at a Gap Outlet; Curvy Trouser.
- My roommates and I watch Grey's Anatomy reruns while we work in the evenings. I think we can relate to the interns on some level.
- I've been listening to Snow Patrol a lot lately. They're probably my artist of these last few weeks. I can relate to many of their songs and find them calming.
Keep writing, texting, calling, emailing ~ I love hearing from you.
1 comment:
Don't let yourself think that you RESTING is not productive. Especially with this being your first year, it probably was the best thing you could do! And, its glad to hear of another Grey's fan!
Post a Comment