Sunday, June 28, 2009

I know I can be what I wanna be, If I work hard at it I'll be where I wanna be

HELLO!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in over a month. Here is an updates:

- I'm currently 3 weeks into TFA institute with 2 weeks to go. I'm living in dorms at UH and spending my days at a middle school in the 2nd ward of Houston, where I teach 2nd period 7th grade math. I LOVE my kids. They are beautiful, funny, bright, forgiving, curious, and preciously awkward. My life has already definitely been changed by them. I have found that I love teaching more than I ever imagined. I have learned that it is a HARD job. I have a lot more to learn but I'm ready for the challenge. :)

- I will be teaching middle school math at a YES Prep Public School in Houston for my TFA 2 year commitment. I am thrilled about this. Check out http://www.yesprep.org/

- I listen primarily to hip hop. It keeps me going and puts me in a good mood. I have blank cds and cd sleeves. As soon as I have some time, I'll be sending out some great mixes. ALTHOUGH, Third Eye Blind has released a new single, Don't Believe a Word, on iTunes and I LOVE it!

- I had authentic Colombian food last night and it was AMAZING.

- My new friends and I loved to go dancing at Taco Milagro.

- I update Twitter often, coffeelovin.

- I MISS Pride and I got warm fuzzies the last time I heard Boomer. I have MUCH more school spirit than I thought.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT summer!

No comments: