I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. The last 'legit' posts I made vaguely hinted at my frustration with God. I felt helpless, lost, alone, sad. I thought I was at my lowest. How many times have we said that to ourselves? So convinced that His promised salvation just wasn't going to cut it this time... Yet, despite my doubting and true to His word, He lifted me out of that pit. Not in the fashion I expected, nor in the time manner I demanded. But lift He did. God doesn't have a routine. How naive it is for us to think we know how He should act?
God placed himself inside people and surrounded me with them. Friends, family and new faces, each uniquely placed to say: "Hey Katherine, I love you the way you are. God loves you. He has grand plans for you and will be with you as you seek them." From the heart of Houston, a classroom full of precious children desperate for attention, my parents' house in Spring, to the endless depths of the internet, the gorgeous campus I daily walk across, to an amazing family in Tahlequah, to text messages, skype chats and phone calls... He is persistent. ;)
I am overcome with a sense of urgency and perseverance. I am determined to get through these last few weeks of school while also making time to check out the museums and other Norman/OU haunts that I've had on my to-visit list for years. I am pushing onward. The energetic musical stylings of Slim Thug & Lupe Fiasco, multiple cups of coffee, and yummy Easter candy are also helping. :)
"You best believe that you're my sure-fire, superstar, sure-shot, firecracker, extravaganza, fantastic, super-size with extra cheese. Oh Yes indeed!"
1 comment:
i love you i love you i love you
Post a Comment